Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The Pasta and Sock Machine

I have been a pasta and sock machine these last couple of days. Yesterday I made orecchiette, and a day later I made some tagliatelle.




These were ridiculously fun to make. This would be an excellent project for kids. The dough is just water, semolina and salt. I found the recipe in one of my old "Gourmet" magazines. It's very easy to make the little "ears". It's not quick, but it's easy. The end result was well worth the effort, just like, (enter the segue) these socks.


These are "Sam" from "Sock Innovation" by Cookie A. This pattern is not for a novice knitter, but it's not enhanced interrogation. I had the pattern memorized by the third repeat. They are very slow going. I feel like I'm knitting under water. I'm not the kind of knitter who can devote herself to one project. The pace of this was making me feel like I should look into retirement communities, and so I cast on a baby booty. Nothing knits up faster than a booty, and it has the added benefit of being something that goes on a foot. So, it's not making me feel like I'm cheating on the sock. The pattern is from "Whimsical Little Knits", by Ysolda Teague.



I'm already looking forward to the second booty. Booty, booty, booty.

No comments:

Post a Comment