Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Snappy

I've just inherited a camera from my photographer husband.


My technological expertise goes about as far as a donkey in a wheelbarrow. Despite this, I am contentedly snapping away at anything and everything. I got a little over exited about some buttons, and ended up having to edit through some 30 or 40 button photos.




They are great buttons, but posterity can live without 40 photos of the same three buttons. Yesterday I managed to set aside a little time for quilting. In two hours I (almost) finished this.


I even hand sewed the little cabin, and the nesting doll in the doorway. These are some of my favorite fabrics. Notice the rabbits in the blue fabric pattern.


I'm considering a third panel at the bottom. It's a good size for a baby quilt, but if I add a panel, it could be a crib quilt. I'm going to do a lot of embroidery on this. There will be a corn crop, birds, pumpkins, and maybe a squirrel or two. I still haven't decided what to do about the border, but that's the nice thing about quilting. I don't have to decide in advance.

1 comment:

  1. Hannah, those buttons are lovely.
    And your quilt is so so beautiful.
    I can't wait to see it after you've done the embroidery. I love the little Russian doll and the wood-grain fabric you chose.
    Beautiful. . .

    ReplyDelete