Thursday, March 4, 2010

Planting, Spinning and Waiting

I have spring fever and have abandoned my knitting to spend more time outside. It's not quite warm yet but we've had a week of warmish days. I've been pruning, planting and hauling compost. My master lists are tucked into my moon planner and I open it carefully every day, as if it were a sacred text, checking to see when to plant what, and what to plant where. I can't stop smiling even though my back feels like it's one kink short of a Z . As if things weren't good enough, Jeanette called yesterday to tell me that she's back in her own home. We went to visit her today, and she has flowers popping up all over the place.


On the wool front, I've got two new hanks of freshly washed handspun. The first (pictured below) is posing with my lettuces.




It's a blend of dyed merino, yak down and some black Jacob. I think it's an aran weight. The next yarn is a worsted weight blend of dyed merino and cashmere.



I think it's destined to become a baby hat. Both of these skeins look like spring to me. Maybe that's just the spring fever talking.

1 comment: