Thursday, May 28, 2009

Shame Has a Name

We are leaving for a month in Italy, this coming Monday. There is a code orange level of stress humming a cicada like hole in my head right now. To give you an idea of just how desperate things are around the house, I caught myself doing something really unforgivable this morning. I was tidying up the living room, and I saw three pieces of sweetened puffed rice stuck to the seat of the couch. They were from yesterday's breakfast, and had hitched a ride to the couch on my toddler. I looked at them. I weighed my options, and then I ate them. The distance to the bin was too great. It would have required too much effort. I am officially a human compost bin. I am officially pathetic. You can thank me later, for not including pictures in this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment