Sunday, June 17, 2012

No Sleeves Here

The other day I came across a pair of almost finished socks at the bottom of my knitting bag.  I'm not sure why I put these down, but I'm so glad that I found them when I did.  I was about to go insane from sleeve knitting and these were just the medicine I needed.


I finished them in less than two hours.  They are my new favorite socks. 



The pattern is "Aran Socks" by Madeline Weston from "Country Weekend Socks".  The yarn is J.Knits "Not You Average Washable Worsted" in colorway "Wheeling".  The yarn is soft, but very very splitty. 



 I'll probably be knitting another pair of these.  There are a few things I'd change about the construction, but I'm pretty pleased with the results.  Now, it's time I return to the sleeve-a-thon.


2 comments:

  1. Yet again some beautiful photos. Impressed to see some regular posts!!!!
    Think it's been said before but we are not knitters (nutters maybe!), but your posts never fail to interest us. You are truly talented.
    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are the sweetest. I really hope we can get together sometime.

    ReplyDelete