Friday, June 15, 2012

One Down

Well, I'm 100% finished with my "Liesl" cardigan.  It's more of a bolero or a shrug than a cardigan.  I like it over strappy sundresses.  It doesn't work over anything with sleeves, but that's fine. 



It was very worried that this would get chucked into the gift pile on account of the fact that it looked too small for me.  Once again, blocking came to my rescue.  I think blocking might solve other problems.  I could, for example, block my kids when they get too crazy; a hot soapy bath, a quick squeeze in a towel and then I'll just pin them to the rug until they relax.


These buttons are some of my favorites.  They are antique mother of pearl.  I took the time to sew them on with a shank so that they would lay properly when buttoned.  Sewing shanks is one of those activities that can't help but make you feel like a virtuous woman.  It's like building a small thread bridge between myself and my better self. 



Finishing up with the "decadent" project has left me with limited options.  I'm currently jumping back and forth between the two remaining sweaters.  Right now I'm in the middle of a nasty sleeve marathon.   I'm staggering through what feels like an endless tunnel of circular knitting.  I've got four sleeves to finish before I can even begin to think about casting on for another project.  That warm glow of virtue from the button shank sewing is starting to cool.  I think I may have to find some sort of small knit to break up the monotony of the long march through sleeve country.

No comments:

Post a Comment