Sunday, March 1, 2009

Verge

Today was a perfect day for knitting, and of course I did not have time for knitting. I did think about it quite a lot, but there was no actual knitting. I wasn't going to post, except that I had to share these little bright bits of spring. These are what's fueling my desire to finish those UFOs.





Now, I know there are a lot of knitters who yearn for a long cold winter full of fireside knitting and hot cocoa. I too love winter knitting, but I also love a lap full of smooth linen lace on a hot day. Beach knitting sounds like a dream right about now. Spring has sprung, and I'm ready for the soft cottons in pale green to peep out of my knitting basket.



There are a couple of patterns that are first on my list. I've got enough CEY classic silk, in an apple green, for the "Flutter Sleeve Cardigan".



Or I could cast on for the "Nadine Tunic" with a butter yellow linen yarn. There's also the promise of a new Twist Collective on the first of March. I know I'm getting ahead of myself here. I've got a lot of spring cleaning to do before I can cast on for anything, but it's always nice to have something to look forward to.


I'm really looking forward to the freedom of a clean slate.

No comments:

Post a Comment