Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Primrose Cozy

Last night that tricksy sweater made me knit a third of a sleeve while watching "A Fish Called Wanda". About half way through the movie I realized that both "The Vest of Shame" and the tricksy birthday sweater, are about the same color of paper bag brown. All of this brown knitting, coupled with the weather, is putting a crimp in my happiness. I found the perfect remedy at the market this morning. I'm going to cheat a bit on the gift knitting. I'm going to knit these peachy primroses a flower pot cozy,



with the leftovers from this sweater.



I know, I know, that sounds like a totally asinine sort of thing to do. It is. I'm not going to try and convince anybody that knitting a cozy for a flower pot is anything other than a completely frivolous use of their of time. Although there's no real defense for knitting a flower pot cozy, I want you to note that I'm knitting the cozy to fit over a plastic pot which will hold the original terracotta pot. This will keep the water away from the knitting. So, while I may be wasting my precious knitting time on a useless piece of bric-a-brac, at least the bric-a-brac will last for years. Lest you think I'm the only person silly enough to do something like this, check out Rowan 42 and you will find "malt pots". Just thinking about knitting a posie cosy makes me unreasonably happy. I think February is beginning to get to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment