Saturday, February 21, 2009

Treasure

Today my husband wanted to go to an antiques show in a neighboring town, so we packed up the wee one and headed out early. I wasn't really in the mood to buy anything, until I saw a box of mother of pearl buttons. There was already one lady pawing through it, and I had to do that polite, pretending to be interested in ye olde baby bonnet, antiques show dance while I waited. There were no prices, and I was a little wary. Nice buttons aren't cheap. I've spent enough hours scrubbing barn dirt off of old buttons to know this. Once in a while, you get lucky. Today was my day. She was practically giving them away.


I really had a hard time being practical in the face of so many beautiful buttons. There are these beauties.


I have a whole card of these little guys. They look like miniature planets, and are much more colorful in person ( I've got to get this color thing straightened out ).



The button lady also had a copy of this book, "Encyclopedie des Ouvrages de Dames".



This book is a treasure. If the world suddenly became a crochetless, fancy napkinless wasteland, I would be more than prepared. There is, of course, a section on knitting. Brace yourself, this book is about to blow your mind.



This woman is casting on with FOUR strands, say what? I need to know why she's doing this. But wait, there's more.




This is another crazy cast on, and this next one...... well I've got no idea what this is for, but you can bet your socks I'm going to try it.



Speaking of socks, there's even a section just for the sock knitters, but that will have to wait for another post. I'll leave you with a photo of the almost vanquished posie cozy. The fight isn't over yet, but I'm feeling confident.



I win you, posie cozy.

No comments:

Post a Comment